5 BOOKS I'VE READ #3

Featuring Connor Franta and Lea Michele's books, New York Times best seller The Girl On The Train and the perfect summer read.


Here we go with the third installment of 5 Books I've Read. Unlike #1 and #2 this one features all hits and stuff I'd recommend to you. So get ready to add a bunch of names to your summer read list.

001. Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy // Helen Fielding » This time Bridget's grown up, she has kids, she's been married, and she's dealing with all the stuff that comes with being 50, including social medias and toy boys. You don't have to have read the previous ones to appreciate this funny number, but I much prefer the first book, maybe because it's a bit closer to my age and to my problems.
Worth A Read? » Yes, if you're older than me / looking for a fun read. The first one is way better, though, just like all the other books featured in this post.

002. The Girl On The Train // Paula Hawkins » I read this as a part of the #ButtonsBookshelf and loved it. Definitely a page turner, I finished it in 3 days. The book is very well written and the characters are extremely well made: I think especially the leading one is characterized so well you can really feel the desperate and almost auto-destrcuctive emotions that lead her life. This would be a treat for any Gone Girl's fans.
Worth A Read? » Definitely.

003. The Summer I Turned Pretty Series // Jenny Han » Ok so, these are actually three books, but since I read them in four days ( including also a 4 hours straight marathon ), I decided to feature them in just one post. I'm gonna go ahead and say that these books aren't groundbreaking nor deep nor inspiring, but they are good. A fun and quick read to get those beach days going and fall in love with the male characters. The books are definitely not boring and I must say I wasn't expecting the ending of the first two, plus they keep you forever torn between the two top of a love triangle like no other book ever. Yeah, neither Twilight or The Hunger Games compete in this sense. Three page turners filled with summer scenarios and dreamy make out sessions, this series belongs under a beach umbrella.
Worth A Read? » Yas, you have the perfect summer read here people!

004. Brunette Ambition // Lea Michele » Oh I love this girl and I love this book. Filled with episodes of her Broadway days and Glee memories, it gives you a glimpse of Lea's life and what is like to be a working child or to try the theatre / tv jump. But that's not everything. Nope, enter beauty advice, from make up to skincare, workouts, recipe, fashion talks and life style tips. A pretty nice books if you want to improve your life and start kicking asses like Lea does.
Worth A Read? » Yes, and keep it around.

005. A Work In Progress // Connor Franta » How excited I am to review this book oh my. Ok, so let's start with the visual part. It is good. The cover gives you a little taste of what's inside, which is tons of evergreen's pictures and one-page odes to coffee and vintage. Now onto the real deal. It is good as well. I love how he's written it all himself, which you can tell since reading it feels like watching one of Connor's videos. I mean, I read it all in his voice ( something you can really do now listening to the audio book ). To me A Work In Progress feels like a Q&A, a funny skit and an inspirational video blended together, with a good dose of Connor's Instagram to tie it all. It touches different topics, from body image to following your heart, starting with things that happened in Connor's life and then expanding what he had learn to a more general advice. It's very inspiring, something you can flicker through when you feel like you've lost your drive. The only thing I'd say is that this is a memoir, so an autobiography. It's very personal, very Connor centered which is fine if you're one of his fans, but I don't know how appealing it would be to someone else. Maybe try and give it a shot anyway, even if just to see how a green eyed Minnesota boy went to swim team champion to coffee brand owner.
Worth A Read? » If you like Connor, you'll fall in love with this, if you don't know who he is, check this out, like him, and then fall in love with this.

Share:

0 peeps shared their opinion