& OTHER STORIES PUNK BOUQUET PERFUME


I think smelling nice is one of the biggest pleasures in life. There is no compliment I enjoy more receiving than 'You smell so good' so I have been on the hunt for the perfect fragrance for quite a while now. After rummaging through all the Sephoras and fellows I came across, I realized I don't like traditional high street scents: they all smell a bit too... like perfume. Maybe it's the alcohol in them, I don't know, but I remember smelling Tom Ford Black Orchid and almost gagging for how bad it was.


So when I found out my beloved & Other Stories was releasing my favorite Body SoufflĂ© scent in perfume form, I jumped for the excitement. As fast as I could I grabbed my €30 (Quite a modest price for a perfume) and exchanged them for a bottle of the & Other Stories Punk Bouquet Perfume, and here is why I didn't like it.

First of all, it doesn't smell like Punk Bouquet, but a lot fresher and earthier, and it is definitely far from the warm, sophisticated scent I loved. Second, and most important, it doesn't last a thing on me. Like I would spray it before leaving the house and once I'm back 5 hours later it is completely gone. And even when it is just sprayed, it still doesn't kick off a powerful scent.
Finally, I hate the plastic lid in the packaging.

To be honest, I am the girl whose perfume never lasts and I just don't know what is the secret behind those people who spray something four years ago and you can still smell it in their hair, but still, this product is something I won't repurchase.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still hooked on the Punk Bouquet scent (which I've always described as a blend of vanilla and rose, though apparently there is no rose in it!) and I'm still convinced it could be my signature scent, I just don't like this perfume.

Next on the shopping list is the Punk Bouquet Body Mist, finger crossed it will do a better job. In the meanwhile, the perfect fragrance quest continues...

Edit: while searching the links for this post, I found out there is no trace of Punk Bouquet on the &Other Stories website: no scrubs, no body soufflĂ©s, no fragrance, anything.  It looks like the scent has been discontinued. Please, let's observe one minute of silence for the scent of my dreams being gone forever and my heart breaking.

Share:

1 peeps shared their opinion

  1. I can't believe they did that! Why discontinued? No, no, no... :-(

    ReplyDelete