TWO MAYBELLINE CONCEALERS


Concealers are my life.
Since I've been blessed both with a spot prone skin and some genetic dark circles I really can't live without them. Those are two recent additions to my collection, both from Maybelline and both pretty cheap.

The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer was bought mainly because it is told it's a dupe for the Nars Creamy Concealer. Since I haven't tried the latter I can't confirm the rumor but what I can say is that this number is pretty good. Good coverage, rather hydrating and a perfect color match (I have shade 10), I prefer it to the infamous Collection Lasting Perfection, as I find it more lightweight and moisturizing. I have loved it especially on blemishes, but I really want to try a lighter shade and use it for the Kim K brightening triangle under the eyes.

The Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer has been the star of the show for quite a while now and I can totally see why. It packs more coverage than the Fit Me one and blends seamlessly. First thing you notice is obviously the packaging which I personally love especially because you can tell how much you've used and actually use it all, unlike what happens with the classic tube + doe foot applicator. I quite like the sponge on top as well, as you can skip blending sometimes thanks to it. My only problem is the shade, Nude, that's a bit too yellow for me.

As you can see those two numbers are pretty good. A part from the color match, which I have already talked about, Fit Me is more lightweight and blends more easily, whereas Age Rewind is more serious, with a high coverage, though resulting a bit more heavy and not as easy to blend. So the first one would be good for a no make up day, when you just want a bit of coverage, as it is the most comfortable and moisturizing. Age Rewind, instead, is the perfect evening concealer and amazing if you want to skip foundation but still get an even base.

They're probably my favorite drugstore concealer I've come across so far and, although right now I'm using Age Rewind, I don't think I could pick a favorite. Moisturizing, cheap and pigmented, it's safe to say Maybelline knows its thing when it comes to faking the perfect skin.

Share:

0 peeps shared their opinion