ROME ORIENT FESTIVAL 2015











If you remember from this post, I went to the Orient Festival last year and had a lot of fun. So when I saw it was back it was really a no brainer for me. It is the perfect way to spend a funny and different afternoon and trying new things.

I obviously bought some spices and tea, but other highlights were dancing on stage with a group of Indian dancers, trying the Laughing Yoga again and obviously getting our henna done by a lovely Indian lady, which makes me feel super boho and makes for the perfect decoration to elevate a plain breakfast photo. I mean, am I Ella Grace Denton, yet?

Food wise we went for Indian (there seems to be a pattern in here) and everything was super good. Don't ask me to remember the exact names of every food because I honestly have no clue apart from Samosa which I know from always making them in Cooking Mama and that were uh-mazing! Oh, how I dig Indian food!
Then we tried our luck with with some Moroccan treats (very orient much asiatic I know) and let me say they weren't my cup of tea. I mean, I do like sweet stuff but that was way too sweet, with honey and trickle and everything combined into one oily piece of food. My favorite was the brown one as it was crunchy and you could taste sesame, but it's safe to say I will simply stick to cookies and cakes for a while!

The atmosphere as last year was amazing. There were tents, spices, shiny jewelry, martial art demonstrations and incense sellers everywhere. You could practice yoga or try a 'sound bath',  get a massage or watch a traditional tea ceremony taking place. We got some bracelets tied by a Buddhist monk and bought a little book from a guy with golden paint on his face.

It always feels like something magical is happening between all those baroque fabrics and opulent smells and it is the perfect way to cheat a vacation in a exotic place à la Carrie Bradshaw. Let's hope someday I'll be able to forget my passport at the embellished pointy shoes stall of a real Souk, though!



Share:

0 peeps shared their opinion