A WEEKEND IN MILAN » DAY 2 & 3: BRUNCHES, COCKTAILS AND SICK DAYS







Day two started with us waking up pretty early, though we were still incredibly tired, and putting on our best outfits to head to the center and get a nice brunch.
We went to this place called Les Pommes which is tucked away in Isola. It's a very fancy place, and we seated in this cute room with cacti and plants. They got us the 11:3 menu, aka the brunch one and we tucked in. We both got pancakes, and I'm not gonna lie we were a bit shocked by the €18 euros price tag, but let me tell you, it was worth it.

It started off with coffee, orange juice, bread, apricot and blueberries jam, butter and the best peanut butter I've ever eaten. Then there come the fluffiest pancakes, served with ham, cheese, salad and tomatoes and a side of a grilled cob, not to mention the greek yogurt and granola parfait. We Instagrammed our way through the feast and rolled out on our ginormous food babies as Lisa had to take a test.

So there I was, alone, painfully full in the Milan heat, wandering around. I called my friend and enjoyed the sunshine as I was exploring Isola and remembering the incredible things that happened there last year. Then I just sat on a bench looking over Bosco Verticale and finally got back in the hotel to sort a couple things out.

When Lisa finished it was middle afternoon and we decided to meet halfway and then go to the center and have a stroll around the shops. We went to the Excelsior, spotted a beautiful Claire-like trench at Bershka and then tried on all the Hourglass make up at Sephora, leaving a bit disappointed ( the powder's got big chunks of glitter in it, are you serious? ). We didn't really get anything as we were saving it for the next day and because we were pretty late.

There we were then, running around Milan trying to catch the subway. We got back at our hotel, quickly changed and put our night make up over our day make up ( I know it sounds gross, but it was all about the punk rock, alright? ) and then got on a another train, ready for the concert, which you can read all about here.

Flash forward the show was over, we were tired and hyped and I was in full Luke Hemmings mode. We headed down to Navigli again and stopped to this very cute place called Rebelot. The atmosphere was rather grown up which maybe didn't go so well with our hyper excited fangirling mood, but we had fun anyway sipping on a champagne and absinthe cocktail and googling how tall Luke Hemmings is (1,90 m, really?).

Though we were feeling a little weird as we hadn't eaten anything since our massive brunch, we decide to keep going as the night was still young. Grabbed a Long Island Iced Tea for €5 we stumbled down the canal talking about how we were going to call our bar Beyoncé if we had one. The night went on and included a bathroom quest, a man climbing on a huge plastic snail, a couple kids pushing another one in a cart and another mojito. And then, before you could even realize it, there we were, sitting on the pavement at 2.45 am, with a half empty drink in our hands trying to get hold of a taxi, which, let me tell you, isn't easy in Milan on a Saturday night.

After one too many calls we actually ended up waiting for the 4 point something tram and got back to the hotel on that trusty vintage number for the second day in a row. There I was feeling very sick, also because we were still fasting and got into my bed as quickly as I could, though I did removed my make up before ( priorities, people! ).

Next day it was no surprise I wasn't feeling very great. I couldn't physically get up and my head was spinning. Hangover you say? After a couple of failed attempts at getting up I decided to stay in bed and there it was my last day in Milan: myself watching tv and forcing myself to eat some rusks, while passing out on a very exciting day of shopping. Good times, uh?

That's it kids: don't drink and stay in school 'cause hangovers ain't pretty!

Share:

0 peeps shared their opinion