HERE'S TO TEENAGE MEMORIES

The creds as always go to this one: aserendipidtyseeker.
The aftermath.
Ok so, hello. I have been MIA this past week due to one of the worst post concert blues ever. Wait, who am I kidding, I always get post concert blues and it's always pretty much this bad. Yeah, they rip me apart.
On Saturday I put on my ripped skinny jeans and went to see 5 Seconds of Summer in Milan. I had bought the tickets back in July, after seeing them live at the WWA Tour and being blown away by them and let me tell you, these guys, they sure know how to play a show.

They're definitely the kind of band that live is much better than on CD. I mean, they don't sound that different, but the energy they have is pretty incredible. They make you want to jump around and scream your heart out to every single song, and I have even seen a few dads nodding their heads to a couple tunes.

It wasn't a very talked show, which kinda makes sense. They're a band, they play and sing. This doesn't mean there weren't a few funny jokes and thank you speeches, though. Highlights include them making the crowd singing Happy Birthday to a very emotional fan (Can you blame her, though), calling a young boy up on stage to sing with them and the beautiful Green Day cover that was transformed into 'Italian Idiot', fitting the venue. Also, let's not forget when Calum got the whole arena to chant the classical Italian terms like 'Pizza' and 'Pasta' and finally got us surprised with a 'Now let me hear you say: g'day mate!', when Luke said 'Come stai' which definitely got me screaming, when they performed their, I'd say, brand new song 'Pizza' or when Ashton defined us shouting 'We love you' as 'Very cute'.

We also got all the classic 5SOS stuff, like forgetting lyrics and replacing them with funny ones, guitar jumps and a lot of tongue action. They played for almost two hours straight, taking hardly any break which left even my friend and concert connoisseur quite amazed. Especially thinking that they are from YouTube, that's their first headline show and how young they are, they're talent is pretty undeniable.

My personal favorite moments were Disconnected, which is my forever favorite 5SOS song, screaming my heart out to the 'I'm not fine at all!' bit of Amnesia, the hits Don't Stop and She Looks So Perfect that have been mine and my best friend jams for the whole of last summer, dancing like a fool to Good Girls which I personally consider my song and every single thing Luke did because oh my God does that boy look good I mean he's like an angel with a lip ring and can we talk about the faces he pulls while playing guitar and how hot he looks when he's so sweaty I mean just like wow ok.

Setlist: End Up Here, Out Of My Limit, Heartbreak Girl, Voodoo Doll, Permanent Vacation, Don't StopDisconnected, Long Way Home, Rejects, Heartache On The Big Screen, Wrapped Around Your Finger, AmnesiaBeside You, Everything I Didn't Say, American Idiot, Kiss Me Kiss Me, She Looks So PerfectGood GirlsWhat I Like About You.

Though I had a very good time, I must say I wished I lived this concert differently. Since we had numbered seats we arrived just in time and though it was good to be able to pee right before the show, I kinda missed the emotional build up you get after a long wait and I'm sorry we didn't get to see Hey Violet, which was the opening act. Also, we didn't got to our seats straight away as we were a bit late and have been walked to them by a very nice security guy during the show which was again a little vibe killing. I also felt a little old and got quite emotional during the 'Here's to Teenage Memories' part of Kiss Me Kiss Me as I'll be turning 20 next year and will no longer be a teenager then. I don't know what it was, I think the crowd was a lot younger at the 1D shows, but maybe the fact that I wasn't in the parterre, or that I was actually older than one of the artists (Luke's like... 5 months younger than me) made me feel a little weird.

So yeah, going back I would probably arrive there a little earlier, but overall it was a very good show. It felt like a very funny, almost lighthearted concert and I'm not saying this in a bad way. It was very energetic, the whole room was buzzing with adrenaline and even the sad songs weren't that sad because you had guys slamming on their instruments and jumping around on stage while you were screaming and beating your arms around like you were at a football game. One thing I liked is that it felt very personal due to all the subtle changes they make to every show. It was nice to see they actually knew where they were and they weren't just playing any concert, they were playing the Milan concert. They also got some posters out and they're different for every venue which again is quite nice.
The tour is called Rock Out With Your Socks Out and I'd say it's quite fitting as it did felt like a bare feet dance party, so carefree and young. As I said it's their first headline tour and this was like their fourth concert so I'm pretty excited to see what they have in store for us... I'm just a big fun of seeing artists' first shows as they always have a different emotional energy to them. Now excuse me as I go ignoring my responsibility and watch my 100th 'Luke Hemmings funny moments' video. Yeah, very punk rock, I know.

Share:

0 peeps shared their opinion